During the upcoming four years the Climate Media Factory will participate in the RethinkAction Project. RethinkAction is part of the Green Deal Research and Innovation Programme. The project focuses on land use and climate change and brings together thirteen organisations, NGOs and institutions from nine countries, pooling their knowledge in different areas of expertise. These expertises differ from social sciences and humanities, climate change, mitigation and adaptation options, satellite imagery analysis and local and global modeling and other. The Climate Media Factory is responsible for the strategic planning, implementation and execution of all public communication and dissemination activities.
The project team will develop a cross-sectoral decision-making platform to promote climate action in the context of land use and jointly engage decision-makers, stakeholders and citizens in new discourses.
Within six representative case studies covering the main regional differences in Europe, RethinkAction aims to make land use-based adaptation and mitigation solutions accessible and understandable. The case studies cover the following regions:
Gotland - Northern Area Case Study (Sweden) - Tarn-et-Garonne - Atlantic Case Study (France) - East of EU - Continental Case Study - Rural Areas (Hungary) - Alpine - Valle d’Aosta Region Case Study (Italy) - Almería - Mediterranean Case Study (Spain) - Costal - Small Islands Case Study (Azores, Portugal)
RethinkAction puts citizens and decision-makers at the core of climate change action.
The Climate Media Factory team will document the entire research process over the next four years to provide clear, accurate and valuable information on the targeted topics that is easily accessible for all target groups as well as visually appealing.
Although the project consortium knows that there is still a lot of work ahead, everyone is convinced of the importance of this topic and highly motivated to create a platform that will help to promote sustainable land use solutions and show that climate-friendly changes are possible everywhere.
You can find more Information on the project website: www.rethinkaction.eu
These are the members of the RethinkAction consortium:
- CARTIF, coordinator - Spain
- University of Valladolid (UVa) - Spain
- Svenska Miljoeinstitutet AB (IVL) - Sweden
- RINA Consulting (RINA) - Italy
- Fondazione Centro Euro-Mediterraneo sui cambiamenti climatici (CMCC) - Italy
- Climate Media Factory (CMF) - Germany
- Ethniko Asteroskopeio Athinon (NOA) - Greece
- GMV Aerospace and defence (GMV) - France
- FCiencias.ID – Associaçao para a investigaçao e desenvolvimento de ciencias - Portugal
- ICLEI – Local governments for sustainability - Germany
- United Nations University (UNU-EHS) - Japan
- Geonardo environmental technologies - Hungary
- Institut national de recherche por l’agriculture, l’alimentation et l’environnement (INRAE) - France
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 101037104.